Paşa Hamami ( Phoenix Baths )

At the junction of Zefyron, Kalvou and P. Karatza Streets, stands the Turkish bathhouse founded by Cezeri Kasim Paşa, Sancakbey of Thessaloniki in around 1520-1530, the same man who converted the Church of Aghion Apostolon into a mosque. The baths, known to the Turks as Paşa Hamami, were originally just for men, but later converted to incorporate facilities for women. They remained in use until 1981.

Newsletter Subscription

Subscribe to our Newsletter to receive our latest offers!