Alaca İmaret Camii or İshak Paşa Camii

According to the inscription above the entrance, the mosque was built by İshak Paşa in 1484 and formed part of a vakif or charitable foundation, which also included a poorhouse and school. Its operational expenses were supplied from rent and taxes on land and institutions.It took its name Alaca from the multi-coloured walls of the minaret, of which only the base remains, at the south western corner. The building is now used by the Deputy Mayor’s Department of the City of Thessaloniki for staging cultural events.

Newsletter Subscription

Subscribe to our Newsletter to receive our latest offers!