This large bathhouse was constructed in 1444 by Sultan Murat II, according to the Arabic inscription above the entrance to the men’s baths. The baths were designed for use by both sexes, with separate entrances and facilities for men and women. The men’s baths are larger and more opulently decorated. Of particular interest, with a ceiling magnificently decorated with stalactites, is the special area reserved for use of the Bey himself, which communicates with the men’s hot bath. The bathhouse remained in use until as recently as 1968.